Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sunday drivers.

Have you ever been driving, not really paying attention to what you're doing, and all of a sudden...You realize it. The perfect shift. Now, if you've never driven standard, or never driven it well, then you have no idea what I'm talking about. It's not often that it happens, and you can't force it consciously, but you know after you did it. Its just when you're almost part of the car, completely smooth shift, quick, effortless, if you're not driving, you don't even notice the shift. I had one of those today. It was downright amazing. I'm just driving, listening to music, then I shift and it just hits me. That was perfect. It was a really quality moment. So you know, I try and repeat it, and you can't. It's not something that can be forced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite so...it's something you can't repeat even if you try. Once, I was in a gym, and had a soccer ball. I was standing at half court, and there was an in-wall water fountain at the other end, a few feet beyond the baseline. I said, "I'm going to put it in the water fountain"...then I actually did. On the first kick. Right in the middle with a huge bang! I tried for a half an hour, and i couldn't repeat it.