Thursday, June 29, 2006

Social Climbers

Have you noticed how a lot of people will put a European style licence plate on the front of their car because they think it makes them look cooler--better than you perhaps. Why is it a European plate, not an European plate, but alas, I digress.

I have found that the type that does this generally will never go to Europe, and that they're social climbers, because Europe is supposed to be higher class than us. Which is understandable because when one thinks of Europe, one conjures images of tea parties and other extravagent affairs. America...pick-up trucks and fried chicken. I was driving to work today and I saw a yellow Hummer H2 with a European style plate in front.

Oh the ironies of this, I thought to myself. If someone on that side of the pond could afford the gas for that thing--when I was in England it was about 90p per liter or $9 a gallon. So I'm a rich bloke living in jolly old England, and the way I choose to show off my money is to drive a big graceless H2. I think I'll just stick with a nice Astin Martin or something. And the middle class can't afford it because they don't have the cash to pay $9 for every 11 miles they drive. No, you will find no Hummers in Europe.

This car in the garage where I park at work has one of those fake European plates on the front. Its a new Audi A6. And you know what, thats ok. Because they drive Audis over there. And those Audis dont have American plates. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

So the point of this post is: hey retarded H2 driver, take that fake foreign plate off your car. Actually keep the plate and get a new car. The H2 is a complete disaster, and for all its huge giganticness, it can still only hold 5 people.

Great, I just wrote this entire thing about something completely irrelevant. Stay tuned next week for why I get such a kick out of MTV's My Super Sweet 16.

No comments: