Friday, June 30, 2006

Hire a new Ad Agency

I saw this billboard on the back of a bus today at work. I actually find it really amusing.



Now most of the ad does make good sense. The Connecticut DOT wants you being safe, and wants you to pay attention in work zones. Personally, I think the "Let them work, let them live" campaign was much better, but thats me.

The thing that irks me about this particular advert is the secondary phrase--the one that reads "It could be your rear end". This makes absolutely no sense. If you and aren't looking where you're going , and the car behind you is going real slow, wouldn't it be the front car's rear end?

The only possible way it could be your rear end if you 'zone out' while driving is if you stop short, and the person behind you doesnt notice and they plow in to you. Perhaps the billboard should read: "Make sure the person behind you is awake and alert, or it could be your rear end". That much more catchy than the original.

I'm ready for this week to be over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i fully enjoyed this one and the dennis leary one, i didnt really understand the car one, i think my brain blocks out anything having to do with cars, i think thats the gay half. lol. hope to see you soon.