Sunday, June 11, 2006

What a disaster

I was driving to Long Island yesterday, to go visit some friends from school. Yes, I tend to drive slightly above the speed limit sometimes, and yes, this may have been one of those chance. So I get pulled over by a Westchester County cop right where 684 turns into the Hutch, and he pulls me over. Civil enough guy, he discovers soon enough that my registration has expired in October and my car will presently be impounded until i re-register my car. Shit. And on top of that, he still gave me the speeding ticket. So my day on tuesday (The DMV is closed mondays) is as follows: Go to the CT DMV to get my car registered. $115. Go to the Westchester County Police Headquarters to get a slip to release my car. Free. Go to the yard and pick up my car, paying for 3 days of overnight storage and the towing fee. About $150. Getting a ticket for expired registration and 75 in a 55 on the same day. Priceless.

Last night, I went to a gentleman's club theme party. The guys wear oxford shirt, tie, jacket, etc. to look like they just got off from their white collar job (perhaps a bit descheveled), and the girls dress like sluts. It was a lot of fun.

I'm watching the History Channel right now, and the show just changed from something about mega disasters to something else about hell and satan. I didn't even know that the show changed for a second because it had the same announcer with the exact same inflections and tone of voice. I wonder if this guy does all the shows on the History Channel. This hell show is pretty fucked up. Especially because the narrator just said "Death...the great equalizer." Yay Jews for not having hell.

So, I have to take the train to work tomorrow, not entirely pleased about that. Well, I guess I had it coming.

More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

75 in a 55 is for wimps.

90 in a 50 while weaving and passing a cop in the process... now that's impressive. ;D