Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tooth-to-Gum Ratio

Let me tell you about a little-known measure of attractiveness--one I deem crucial for a healthy, long-term relationship, or even a one night stand with that girl you picked up in the bar.

It's the 'tooth-to-gum' ratio, and it could not be more important. I find that even otherwise attractive women can have problems in this department, and there is regretfully very little that can be done about it. I'm sure men can be afflicted with poor tooth-to-gum ratios, but honestly, I don't pay attention to men's mouths a whole hell of a lot.

What it is:
The tooth-to-gum ratio addresses the size of the teeth compared to the visible gum line. I personally am in heavy favor of the teeth compared to gum, but for each person, I'm sure it's a little different. Most of the time its like, whatever, not really noticeable. But when you have an extremely out of balance t-to-g ratio (favoring the g), it's just a very unflattering look.

An example:
Thanks for not saying hi to me the last time we saw each other. It's not like we went to the same school for like 7 years or anything.

As you can clearly see the size of the teeth is completely disproportionate to the size of the gums. I'm not going to lie, its a complete turn-off to me. The girl in the background, on the other hand, has a good tooth-to-gum ratio. Interestingly, I don't have a problem with a t-to-g ratio that's extreme in the other direction, though I've never really seen one radical enough to notice

I guess really my point is that I don't like seeing too much of your gums when you smile. I don't know why. And neither do you. So do you have small chicklet teeth and huge brontosaurus gums like this girl? My advice: stop smiling.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I so agree.
Teeth are the first thing i notice in people...
when i see teeth like that i look in the other direction.
-Dani

Anonymous said...

Bahaha, one of my good friends suffer from this! I want to explain her dire situation, but she's oblivious and believes she is the hottest redhead in the northeast.

Anonymous said...

It's better to assess people based on their intelligence, their behavior, and their actions rather than some trite exterior detail that they were born with. Imagine all the doors you close by "looking the other way" simply because of the size/shape of someone's mouth. That's arbitrary and stupid.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, excellent article. And Delilah...I bet you have a very poor tooth-to-gum ratio.

Anonymous said...

c'mon Delilah, don't hate just cause he posted a picture of you...

Anonymous said...

The WORST is when they aren't even healthy gums!!! red, swollen obviosly unclean gums. tiny sad little teeth. ugghhh

Anonymous said...

you know, this came up like 3rd or 4th link on google. i must say: quite accurate depiction, well done lol

Anonymous said...

@anonymous #2 a ginger with a bad t to g ratio? That's a HUGE turnoff. She is quite probably the ugliest bitch in the north east. Aside from that I hate that too but for some people it's not AS noticeable but yeah it's kind of gross.

Anonymous said...

anonymous #2, how bad is the T2G ratio on your friend? Post a picture of her. Cause I love redheads, I'm willing to compromise. lol ..I'm serious

Anonymous said...

Lol...wayne spene this is you