Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Deep Thoughts

I think this is a rather appropriate title for this post because most of what I'm about to say is rather idiotic.

Firstly, I'm getting frustrated with the difference between lead and lead. I mean it's very clear when its spoken because lead is pronounced dissimilarly from lead, but it's very difficult to understand when typed. Because lets face it, lead means one thing while lead means something entirely different. It is crucial to differentiate.

For example, one of the many people on my buddy list whose away messages i compulsively check but haven't talked to in months (oh, did we as a society move past that) had the following away message the other night (or something similar): "lead is on hillary". Now how am I supposed to interpret that. Are you a Clinton fan with poor grammatical ability, and want to let me know that Hillary is leading in the delegate count? Or perhaps you are alerting me to the fact Mrs. Clinton was involved in a tragic factory accident and is now buried underneath several tons of plumbum (Latin for lead, stay with me here).

This is just one of may questions we may never have the answers to.

Secondly, some good news. While trawling for some classical music to listen to (I love classical, but I don't know the name of anything or who composed it) I found this radio station I used to listen to all the time when I was just a wee lad. Not only did I find it, but it's one of the basic ones on iTunes. It's called WQXR, and it's broadcast on 96.3 FM in New York. I remember listening to June LaBelle going to bed, and getting really confused when I learned about Patti. Anyway, the late night personality is different, but the music's just as good.

For some reason this odd comedy album that I found a couple of years ago rooting around my parents' old shit popped in my head. Its called, "Don't Smoke Dope, Fry Your Hair", and it's by Franklyn Ajaye. Goodnight!

No comments: