Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Continual Abuse of Expectant Mother Parking

So the parking lot at my office has 3 spots reserved for expectant mothers. I think this is a nice touch, it emphasizes the family values of the company and makes things a little easier for those who really shouldn't be walking long distances lugging any sort of bag.

As I entered in today a young lady pulled into the one of the reserved spaces. She got out and didn't appear to be pregnant with anything, maybe emotion.Of course I confronted her over this and I found out she is 5 weeks along. I have very little pregnant experience but 5 weeks doesn't seem like such a strain. She said she is pregnant and has every right to park there.Now that I don't care for.

There needs to be statutes and protocals in place to prevent this flagrant abuser. Where does it end; some scofflaw could be trying to institute parking there at conception. How about any girl who expects to have children at some point?

Smohog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this late - way late. But, as just over 8 months pregnant, I can tell you that I have absolutely no energy left in my body right now. At 5-7 weeks I was nauseous, pukey, hungry, and absolutely exhausted.

If you are curious - research what happens when a woman is 5 weeks pregnant. Her body, in essence, shoots out enough hormones to create a PLACENTA. You try creating a placenta from a speck the size of a grain of sand, and see how much energy you have left.

Pregnancy is a strain all 9 (actually 10) months of it. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

with_love_and_squalor said...

I am sorry anonymous, but I do see it. I agree that it is a strain for a very long time, beyond 9 months even. Consider this, it is clear in the office I work that there are many pregnant mothers working and there are only a few of these very close spots; should it really be a race to get there then? I'm saying that those spots would gain maximum benefit by being taken by those in the later stages, rather than some newly pregnant hussie in heels.