Monday, July 24, 2006

My Super Sweet 16!

Oh how I love MTV's My Super Sweet 16. Say what you will about it, but I personally believe that this is a great piece of social commentary on our country. As the rich get richer, the poor stay where they are.

Each season of My Super Sweet 16 gets more extravagant, and the girls more bitchy. Is this because they want to top last seasons bunch of spoiled brats, or are they generally just girls that you really want to go up and smack in the face? Sometimes I think the former, because if I was the dad of one of these kids, i would clamp down hard on the mother fucker. And you notice how they always have the overprotective older brother (well, not always, only Italian families) who tries to be the biggest dousche bag possible. No, you can't dance with him, because he might impregnate you that way then I'ma have to crack him in the jaw. Oh what a delightful show.

What a perfect segue into my next point. The car. Every spoiled bitch on the show needs to get a car at her party, or--and I'm quoting directly from the show--"It will ruin my party". This segment is my favorite, because it shows that not only are these girls incredably spoiled, but they lack any sense of class whatsoever. (I'm personally a big fan of any word that is combined of three or more words, heretofor, insofar, but alas, I digress.) Every biggity bitch on the show wants--and gets--a brand new BMW, usually a 3 series but sometimes taking a foray into the X5. If your family actually made enough money to support your outlandish party, then you would know that a 3 series beamer is kind of a starter car, something people who can't afford a proper mortgage payment buy then think they're such hot shit that they're king of the road. You're not, but well get into you later.

Rich girl who can have any car she wants: Don't get a BMW. If you're that rich, get a Mercedes SL55 AMG, or an Audi S4, or I don't know...a livery driver. Have your dad get you a Maybach and then be like bitch, I'm not driving this a day in my life. Gonzales, get in the car and take me to get a boob-job. That will show all those other spoiled rich girls.

Talking about spoiled rich girls--and you can tell I get really into this by the length of this entry--I love when they don't get what they want and freak the fuck out. Keep in mind that the following situation was real, and in an episode. A girl, I can't remember her name, wanted a Circ de Soleil theme, and have people swinging from the roof. This was in a hotel banquet hall. The hotel manager, who was taking them around stated that they couldn't have people hanging from the ceiling, because it couldn't support it, and there was the possibility that if they did that, then the entire ceiling would come down. This girl started balling, ran away, and says to the camera "I don't know why the hotel won't just let me have people in trapeses at my party". Are you fucking serious? Because the roof would cave in.

Or my other personal favorite, this girl's mom tells her that she can't stay out at her friend's house in the valley, but she goes anyway. Mom retaliates by canceling the girl's credit card--the one that her parents pay for. Girl freaks out and calls Dad saying that she has no way to continue shopping and that she's defenseless and pennyless. Hmmm, you essentially run away, and all that happens is that your mom cancels your credit card. That you don't even pay for. Shut the fuck up, and try working at minimum wage for like 15 minutes before you freak out and commit suicide.

This show is just so fun to look at and laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think we need to watch/make fun of it together at school.