Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The best night of a while.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Though I received some news to damper the evening--specifically about some bitch roomate whos frontin'--all in all, my night was quite quality.

Andy Chase came down (or up, depending) and hung out with me for a couple hours. We hung out, I showed him Ridgefield (he had never been to Connecticut before) and then we shot the shit for quite some time. Seeing friends from school is always something I really enjoy, because I get to see them outside of the confines of our natural environment--a particularly rediculous freshman dorm. So we hung out, caught up and what not, then unfortunately he had to depart, to continue the trek back home from his lake house in upstate New York.

This however did not put an end to my evening. Shortly thereafter I went out to my friends house, where what I understood to be a small get together quickly turned into a party. It was great, seeing all the people that I had not seen in quite some time, catching up, and most importantly, drinking. Its an interesting experience being out of the loop for so long (such as myself) and then jumping back into the party. After the initial hellos and whatnot, its like you never left. Honestly, everyone looked genuinely so happy to see me that I was truly touched.

Well enough of this brief foray into my emotions and onto bigger and better things. More to come.

An Aside: I was pretty drunk when I wrote this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm honored to be mentioned on the Blog. its touching.