Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Donate Your Facebook Status Today!

I really don't care about your political beliefs. Really. And you know what else, nobody else does either. Maybe you want to bomb the Palestinians back to the Stone Age, or throw the Jew down the well (So my people can be free!). Keep it to yourself.

I've recently learned I have the ability to (annoyingly) donate my Facebook status to a cause!
Gah, what a waste of fucking time. The most recent example I can think of, obviously, is the current Israeli Gaza Situation. Now I'm all for causes, but what I'm not for is forcing me to hear about them while I'm trying to figure out who you hooked up with last Tuesday at McFaddens.

But I am not without compassion! And when a good cause comes along that directly affects someone immediately close to me, I'm more than happy to stand by it.

Let's look at the following example:

Hmmm, Blah blah blah, Hamas is such a bad organization, Israel's being unfair, more of the same. But wait. Holy shit, Jarryd lost his dog. That's horrible! And if you click on the link, which by the way please do: http://findmydogalli.blogspot.com I think you'll agree that this is miserable, and Alli is lost and scared and alone.

Alas I digress, the point is, donate your status when something is really important, but not when there's a news story that's halfway around the world and EVERYBODY knows about anyway.

No comments: