Thursday, January 31, 2008

Days of Future Passed

I'm sitting in my apartment right now, depressed because I don't have a DVD player so that I can watch the Great Gatsby. The Great Gatsby, of course, being an excellent book and great movie starring Mia Farrow, Sam Waterston and that guy whose name you don't know but would recognize if you saw him. Anyway, I was just thinking of the irony of the situation. Of course, you don't know why that's ironic, but that's OK, we'll get there.

I was trying to immerse myself in the 20's. I really wish we would return to times like that. Everyone just seems so much more civilized back then. Everything just seemed so much more classy. People dressed up to fly on planes. Men still held doors open for women. Your "Sunday Best" was actually your Sunday best. And Mia Farrow, Sam Waterston, and that other guy epitomized that for me.

Anyway, the reason this whole situation's ironic is because my reminiscing is being stopped by a piece of modern technology. Understand? Anyway, I've said my piece, and I don't care whether you enjoyed it or not.

No comments: