Monday, November 12, 2007

Why I Love the BBC

So I'm watching a special about Princes Charles and Williams and how they are "Royal Rivals". The narrator discussed how Charles and Diana took their children on lots of exotic vacations.

The narrator begins "Charles and Diana took their kids on lots of exotic vacations," then a pause as the visuals show the kids racing around a very green area on quads. When one discusses the British Royal Family and exotic vacations, one thinks of areas like Myanmar (or as the British still lovingly refer to it, Burma), or Fiji, or Timbuktu. Not so much I quickly found out, as the narrator continued, "such as Goldie Hawn's Colorado ranch."

Ah yes, Colorado...exotic. I mean not to knock the great state of Colorado, but it seems as exotic to me as a trip to the supermarket. So go ahead BBC, keep thinking that Colorado is exotic, and I'll keep trying to figure out why the British Pound is doing so well.

No comments: