Friday, November 30, 2007

Why am I the only one up at 3:00am?

I mean it would just be nice if I had someone to talk to. I don't think I'm an insomniac because it's not like I roll around for hours in bed waiting to fall asleep. Randomly, I just started getting into this embarrassing BBC soap opera called "Hotel Babylon". It is exactly what it sounds like, a soap opera involving the day-to-day operations of a very high end hotel in London. I think it's the accents, they just suck me in. Also the actress that plays the manager is this not-quite-middle-aged woman who I just find resoundingly attractive.

A quick aside: the last 20 minutes of The Departed is really just amazing. I love the whole movie but the end is just really...good. It's not because everyone dies in the The Godfather kind of way (though they do, and if I ruined the movie for you, it came out well over a year ago so get over it) it's that it's just so damn unexpected. Also the background score is noticeably absent which, if nothing else, makes the scene even more powerful.

I must admit, I'm spending all this time sitting on my ass watching TV and I really wish I spent my time being more creative. Like write a story, come up with a new, revolutionary idea, or come up with a novel idea on what to make my parents for a gift so I don't have to buy thing.

Well thats all for now, tune in next week for when mice make homes in glass houses.

No comments: