Monday, September 25, 2006

The Dead Bird Post

See, I told you.

Anyways, today I was having lunch outside Cosi (in truth, I had bought a Potbelly's sandwich and ate it outside Cosi...so sue me Potbelly's outside is under construction) when the weirdest thing happened to me. A bird fell right out of the sky about two feet in front of me and hit the ground with a dull thwack. The bird appeared to try to lift its wing, but then it just died.

It was very depressing.

The oddest part was that nobody noticed. There were people sitting around me, and I think that though they may have heard the bird hit the ground, they either didn't realize what it was or didn't care. Nobody on the sidewalk noticed either, and just naturally walked around it.

There was one guy that noticed it. He was on a cell phone and glanced down at the bird--probably by happenstance, and quickly did a double take. Is this something people see so often that they become desensitized to it? Oh look, there's another dead bird on the street. Ok. That's all I'm writing on this.

No comments: